[texbirds] Photos - Brown Booby, Canyon Dam, Comal County, Texas

  • From: Lee Pasquali <l.pasquali.birds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:43:39 -0500

 Sent the following to TEXBIRDS yesterday at about 10:30 PM, but I do not
see it this morning. I think I know why it failed, so I am trying again.

This afternoon we were at Canyon Dam in Comal County to see the Brown Booby
seen by many the last several days. During the almost two hours we were on
the dam, the Booby would perch on the dam control structure for about
thirty minutes and feed over the lake for about thirty minutes. The booby
came and left the control structure twice while we were there. If you go to
Canyon Dam to see the booby and it is not present on the dam control
structure, be patient, it will probably return in less than thirty minutes
and perch on the north support of the structure.

My photos of the Brown Booby are seen at the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25073316@N06/7897566022/in/photostream/

We hope you see this rare bird,
Betty and Lee Pasquali
North San Antonio