[texbirds] Re: Photo of White Pelican with Green wing tag

  • From: Ed Hickl <ehickl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:34:13 -0600

I think it a good idea to report it and serves to support research and
migratory studies of birds.
Here’s a link to a site where I reported and attached a photo of a banded
piping plover on the beach earlier this year.
I was surprise to get a response some time later (a few weeks) with some
interesting history about that bird.
They forwarded my report to the appropriate people who had the tagging
information.  Besides seeing a nice bird I got to know more about it.  What fun.

https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/index.cfm

Ed Hickl
Houston and Canyon LakeEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at