[texbirds] Peter Matthiessens

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 08:37:32 -0500

I just learned that Peter Matthiessen died.  Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary was
honored to have him visit one active May a few years ago.  We had several of
his favorite warblers that day.  I usually let dignitaries enjoy the
tranquility of Warbler Pond wo introducing, but I would love to let others know
who is sitting there, but rarely do.  I feel that they need to be able to enjoy
wo worrying about the crowd.
He was a delight and thanks to Victor for bringing him!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/06/magazine/peter-matthiessens-homegoing.html?hpw&rref=magazine&_r=0

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS