[texbirds] Pearland Back Yard

  • From: "Pat Dietrich" <patdietrich7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:59:22 -0500

Had my FOS house finches the last two days, a total of three( 2m,1f). Also
had FOS hummingbird species, Only a quick visit to orange flowers by the
garage so could not confirm species but suspect Ruby-throated. Our first
ever Rufus Hummingbird at the house left back in late December.

I also visited the Pearland waste water plant ponds this evening on Magnolia
Street. About 6 nesting great egrets are in the east pond island trees with
lots of others roosting this evening. Had the following in the two ponds
behind facilities

White Pelicans 12

Coots 50+

Blue-wing Teal   5

Black-bellied Whistling 12

Mottled   10

Ruddy  5

American Wigeon  2

Northern Shoveler  12

White Ibis  30+

Little Blues  25

Cattle Egrets  30 +

Great Egrets 10

Tri-colored Egret 1

Snowy Egrets 12

Double-crested Cormorants 10

Just west of treatment plant the two retentions ponds were not showing a lot
of birds. Had 12 Blue-winged Teal and half dozen Coots.

Andy Dietrich

Pearland Tx

---