[texbirds] Peach-faced Lovebird

  • From: Gary Richards <grcolts@xxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 16:02:57 -0500

This morning around 9:30 a.m. my wife Christy heard some unusual bird calls.
She went outside to the backyard and found the source of the calls. There were
three Peach-faced Lovebirds in our trees.
They stayed in our yard for about an hour. We have never seen these birds
around here before.
I am assuming the birds are escapees but do not know for sure. Christy called
nearby pet stores and none of them reported missing birds.
So...I have a question. Are these birds breeding in the San Antonio/Schertz
area? Have there been other reports of these birds?
We will have to see if they return to our yard.

Gary & Christy RichardsEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at