[texbirds] Passing of Steve Gross

  • From: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:49:25 -0800 (PST)

TexBirders,

This one hits pretty hard.  Steve and I spent a lot of time together especially
in Idaho where we spent many days scouting for Big Days.  And there were chase
trips to the Valley and many TOS meetings as we both cycled through to the
president's role.  A real shame as we had more trips planned.  Memories that
will never happen.  Yet another reason to reflect on the briefness of life on
earth and all the friends and family we still have with us this Thanksgiving
week.

My guess he is still ticking off birds for his list - do you call those
"after-lifers"?

Ron Weeks
Lake Jackson