[texbirds] Panhandle cold front

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 21:18:01 -0500

Greetings,

This cold front brought with it quite a few Mountain Bluebirds. They were
everywhere throughout the Panhandle and SW OK.

Big flocks of Killdeer were moving. I saw a distant flock of plovers that
appeared to be Mountain Plovers, but they were too far to confirm without a
scope.

Also noticed a good number of Barn Swallows moving in a southerly direction.

Frost and/or freeze is forecasted for panhandle. Lubbock will be mid 30s. Will
be interesting to see what is out in the morning. Lots of sparrows moving.

Ramble over.
Cameron Carver
Somewhere in the Panhandle, heading south.

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at