[texbirds] Panhandle Birding, Brant, SE Park, Amarillo, Randall Co 26-DEC 2012

  • From: "Barrett Pierce" <bpierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:01:45 -0600

I went to SE Park in Amarillo at noon today 26-DEC 2012 and re-found a Brant
on the pond at the end of the park entry road. I found a  second Brant in
the fields southwest of the park. It is best viewed from south Osage about
0.5 mile south of the park entry road. We had a white (out) Christmas and
the snow cover has congregated 1000s of geese in the area. Six species of
geese plus the hybrid with a "Barnacle" head were present. A scope will be
useful.

Barrett Pierce

Amarillo, TX

806-290-4855