[texbirds] Panhandle Birding - Blackburnians

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:38:42 -0500

Greetings,

On my way south, I took a stop at the picnic area on the south side of Hwy 60
in Roberts Co.
First birds were a pair of agitated Carolina Chickadees. Then a chattering
Bewick's Wren joined in. I then located a Warbling Vireo and a roving warbler
flock. The flock contained an adult Blackburnian Warbler and at least one
immature. Also included was one Wilson's, a Nashville and an Orange-crowned. A
Ruby-crowned Kinglet was also in the mix.

The birding was so good at that stop that I decided to hit Thompson Park in
Amarillo. The park was overwhelmingly dead. Best birds were two male Western
Tanagers.

I hope this front coming through tonight will push some birds with it.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at