[texbirds] Painted Redstart still here

  • From: David True <davidttrue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:38:26 -0500

Just got back from my two days off work and was still pleasantly surprised that
the painted redstart is still here (and very active) near the visitor center.
I don't know about the long-tailed ducks and the black scoters.  They probably
are still in the bay but they may be hard to find if it gets windier and San
Antonio Bay gets choppy.  Also, our immature red-headed woodpecker was active
in the live oaks near the entrance gate and is starting to get a full red head.

David True

Park Ranger

Aransas NWR

1 Wildlife Circle