[texbirds] PEARLAND YARD BIRDS: ANHINGAS AND BALD EAGLE

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 21:11:14 -0500 (EST)

I was outside about 11 AM this morning when I saw a flock of large dark birds
circling low over my neighbor's backyard; they appeared to be anhingas, so I
got my bins and id-ed them as a flock of 10 Anhingas  (new yard bird for me).

As I walked from my backyard into  my front yard, I noticed a large raptor
circling my other neighbor's front yard; brought my bins into play and easily
id-ed the bird as an adult bald eagle, probably a female based on her size.
She circled low once, then rose up and disappeared into the bright blue sky.

Not bad for a short walk in the yard, looking for warblers and finches (saw
only yellow-rumps and house sparrows).

Mira M. Pellerin
Pearland, TX