[texbirds] PEARLAND SIGHTINGS YESTERDAY AND TODAY

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:25:37 -0400 (EDT)

After heavy rainfall yesterday and today,  I saw many Cliff  Swallows and No.
Rough-wing swallows flying around my neighborhood while riding my trike
yesterday evening. They appeared to by finding insects to eat on the wing.
First time that I have seen either species here in late May.

This AM, after the rain stopped, I had 6 Yellow Crowned Night Herons looking
for crawdads in my flooded back yard.  And three male Scissor tailed
Flycatchers were fly catching along Magnolia St. near the flooded storm water
retention ponds.

Mira M. Pellerin