[texbirds] Re: Owl duet underway

  • From: "highlandbirds@xxxxxxxxx" <highlandbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:16:58 -0500

I was sitting outside listening to Great Horned and Barred Owls calling in the
river bottom, when a couple of Screech Owls started a conversation in the trees
right over my head. First there was a lot of screeching with no trilling then a
lot of trilling and no screeching. Finally there were barking sounds and a few
other squeaks and sqwaucks that I wouldn't usually associate with owls. When
all this conversation was over, they came down and bathed in a bird bath for a
while.

David Bryant
Kingsland TX