[texbirds] Open Gate Dates for Bracken Cave Preserve

  • From: "Coco Brennan" <brennrm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEX BIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 18:36:48 -0600

On April 11 and April 21, Bat Conservation International will host open
gates (no fee) for birding at the Bracken Cave Preserve property in Comal
County. This area has recently been named an IBA by Audubon. We will have
signs posted on site to direct you to the parking area. You will need to
check in with us at the parking area and fill out a liability release form
and we will provide you with a trail map. The gate will be open from
6:45am-11am. If you plan to come, please email me and I will send you the
map and directions. Please be advised that this will not include the newly
purchased property, but there are several new and improved trails in the 700
acre-Bracken Cave Preserve that should provide everyone with a chance to get
great birds. Thank you!

Coco Brennan

Lindheimer Master Naturalists

GET OUT THERE AND GET DIRTY!