[texbirds] No Sign of the Black-tailed Godwit at Brazoria NWR

  • From: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 17:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

TexBirders,

A few are still asking so I will report I have had no luck finding the
Black-tailed Godwit the last 3 days.  Still godwits today including a basic
(all
gray) Hudsonian at Crosstrails Pond on the auto tour loop and an alternate
Hudsonian along CR227 where the Black-tailed has been.  The pond on the east
side of CR227 is now dry.  Also 19 Marbled Godwits along the tour loop.  Lots
of
other southbound shorebirds filtering in making for a good variety.

Good Birding,

Ron Weeks
Lake Jackson