[texbirds] No Flamingo on Bolivar today

  • From: "Berner Family" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jcazberner@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 00:49:56 +0000 (UTC)

Texbirders:
Was already at High Island today so followed up on yesterday's ebird report of
an American Flamingo near Rettilon rd on Bolivar with pretty good notes.
Of course following up on flamingo reports from names you don't know is always
risky--is the previously reported Central Texas Coast Flamingo still there?
This reported flamingo was alone.
Anyway--i briefly scoped from Retillon road,  the 17th Street Jetty, Rollover
Pass and the end of Boyt road but did not see any Flamingo (or spoonbills for
that matter). I didn't spend too much time looking.
From the end of 5th street in High Island, I did finally refind for my year
list (on my way back home)  one of the four previously reported Least Grebes
in the rectangular pond downhill and to the west towards Oilfield Road.
You have to scope through a chain-link fence. There are also at least three
pied billed grebes present.
 The Berners
John, Cathy, Abby and Zach