[texbirds] No Brown Booby at Baytown Nature Center 8/31/12

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:00:02 -0400 (EDT)

I was at the BNC before daylight to 8:20 and did not see the Booby. I took
a quick walk from the observation mound down to Wooster Point and there
were  quite a few wading birds in the ponds with water in them. Including 2
Wood  Storks that flew in and I believe were going to land until they saw me
and kept  flying. There were Mottled Ducks, one lone Blue-winged Teal, about a
dozen  Black-necked Stilts, one Greater Yellowlegs, Least Sandpipers,
juvenile Little  Blue Herons, Snowy and Great Egrets and one lone American
Avocet, There were  al;so 2 Red-shouldered Hawks and One adult Coopers Hawk. I
will try and post  pictures later. I did try apparently unsuccessfully to post
from my phone from  out there earlier.

David Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu