[texbirds] New Booby Update

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:42:31 -0500

Just in ....
Kenneth Bader <http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.bader.31>
I just returned from Canyon Lake. The Brown Booby was sitting on a ledge on
the north side of the dam's pumphouse(?) between 10:30 and 11:30. It can
easily be viewed by parking at the south end of the dam and walking the
paved path ~0.8 miles north. Both Matt Moskwik and I arrived expecting to
see a juvenile bird, but were surprised to find an adult female (brown head
and dorsum with clean white breast and yellow skin around eyes and beak).
We also observed a pair of egyptian geese flying overhead.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist