[texbirds] Re: Need your knowledge

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gil.eckrich@xxxxxxx" <gil.eckrich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:35:26 -0600

Yes, people need to realize that there are a dozen or so different databases
out there (or more). BUT in this increasingly interconnected, globalized
digital world that we live it would be nice (and a goal to strive for) to have
a single, universal database for bird observations. And don't get me started on
the secret nature of some research and personal observations. People need to
get over themselves. We don't own our observations and we don't own the science
we conduct. Sharing is caring.

And in the interest of full disclosure and to cover my ass, I work under
non-disclosure agreements and fully comply with them. Just doesn't mean that I
agree with them.

Also... Sorry for that secrecy tangent.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX