[texbirds] NEW BIRDS FOR MY YARD IN PEARLAND: HETH, ACFL, WHVI

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply-modpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:53:25 -0400

This AM, I saw a Hermit Thrush in my front yard at 7:45 AM after returning from
my trike ride. A lifer for my yard! I thought that I had heard one singing
yesterday evening, but it sounded too far away to try to locate. So it came to
me! It was under my large live oaks in my front yard, looking for breakfast
amongst all the leaf litter. As soon as I drove down my driveway, it flew into
the trees, and hid very well; by then, the sun had been covered up by some
large dark clouds, so I gave up trying to see it again.

I have been hearing white-eyed vireos for the past two weeks; they may be
planning to stay? Also, I heard an Acadian Flycatcher two days ago, another
first for my yard.

Mira M. Pellerin