[texbirds] NAS Red-throated Loon

  • From: Truett Cantrell <tcantrell52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:53:08 -0600

This morning at 1130 I had a Red-throated Loon in the small bay next to the
NAS marina.  I saw the bird from a distance of approximately 100 yards
through my scope for about 5 minutes before a guy on a kite-board came
through the area and I was not able to relocate the bird despite looking or
an hour and half.  I hope to be back on NAS early tomorrow afternoon, if I
find the bird again I will send an e-mail.  FYI the NAS marina is not far as
the crow flies from the JFK causeway so keep at look out.

Skip Cantrell

Portland, TX