[texbirds] Mute Swan hwy 290

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds \(texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx\)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 03:46:31 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday I found an adult mute swan in a large pond, right side of highway 290
between Bauer and Becker exits. This pond always has a collection of coots,
ducks and egrets. With a lot of underwater vegetation, maybe this bird will
hang around a while.
Katy Prairie is very dry, no grasspipers out other than I did find four golden
plovers at Paul Rushing Park. Really empty, no sparrows, hawks, etc.

Carolyn Dill
Houston