[texbirds] Mourning Warbler Window Strike

  • From: "Michael Lindsey" <m_lndsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 13:37:44 -0500

As I have mentioned before, I have a commercial window cleaning business and
on occasion I find birds that have struck windows.  Sometimes they survive
(like the Yellow Rail I found back in 2009) and many times they die.

Well, this morning I found this Mourning Warbler while working in the Clear
Lake area. I keep a list for birds I find that have struck a window and this
was a first for this species. As you can see it is a beautiful first year
bird.

http://www.pbase.com/mlndsy/image/152781834

One thing it tells me is that birds are on the move.
So happy birding to all.

Michael Lindsey
Pearland