[texbirds] Mountain Plovers and Western Kingbird, Granger Lake area

  • From: Martin Reid <upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:55:59 -0500

Dear All,
Today I went to the area north of Granger Lake where I found c.50 Mountain
Plovers - thanks to Tim Fennell for the directions (SW corner of CR352 and
Alligator Road; rather distant views but reasonable via 'scope.) No sign of the
Ferruginous on CR402 south of FM2268, and I was surprised by the habitat (seems
too wooded?)
Best bird was a Western Kingbird among 15+ Scissortails on CR422A south of
Davilla in Milam county - it's getting very late for one to be this far north.
Sprague's Pipits were in the longer grass at the corner of CR360 and CR359.
Martin
---
Martin Reid
San Antonio