[texbirds] Mosquitoes yes, Tropical Mockingbird, No (at least for me)

  • From: imhuck3@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:56:08 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy again texbirders,
 Had a number of people sending me directions for the Tropical Mockingbirds and
I found the woods with no problems, however, with my wife in the car and the
mosquitoes that swarmed in when I opened the car door to get out was on my mind
for the ten minutes or so that I waded through the pesky, blood sucking pests.
Deet was of no help as they were using it for a chaser. So perhaps at another
time and a little more prepared than having a tee shirt an no hat, I will give
it a try. I did talk with a gentleman there and he had seen the bird a few
minutes before I got there. Any way, thanks all for your help with the
directions.

 Huck Hutchens
  Weslaco, TX.  presently Beaumont