[texbirds] Morgan Tx. Bobolinks etc. (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 20:42:37 -0500

.
This afternoon, on the drive down from Glen Rose to Clifton, there was a
small flock 10-12 Bobolinks in a fence line and in pasture south of Morgan
on 174. There may have been more down in the tall grasses. With traffic
behind me, before I could U-turn and get back, I could not relocate them
but did not look very long given that traffic and uncomfortable roadside
location/noise. I was going well under speed limit scoping out Black-capped
sites and traffic sure does stack up after one doing so on this highway.
Nothing else of note today though Erin Hatchett and I had Baltimores
and Orchards on the Bosque River in Meridian as well as a Rose-breasted
Grosbeak. A few non-Golden-cheeked Warblers were too high against gray
skies in huge pecans to ID for sure, but one was maybe a Tennessee. The
herds of Uplands that had been pouring for weeks over every morning have
all but dried up now. But I think we had a Dickcissel or two today...:-)
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/