[texbirds] More on Possum Kingdom Lake Little Gull etc

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 15:39:38 -0600

For sure first winter.  Strong wing pattern, almost tern like behavior as
it works surface with other gulls.  Seen again this AM...Since we were in a
john boat I do not know the lake from that perspective...Just following
another's GPS directions.  But perhaps best seen from the boat launch and
restroom area in front of HideAway Cabins and so far is always been with
Ringed-billeds a couple of FOTEs etc.  These gulls however, as a group,
 seem to move around the lake a lot.   Given the, to say the least,
miserable cold and wind, I carry nothing on that little boat but my bins
and a recorder due to possible accident spray, or other mishap.  No GPS,
cameras, scopes, wallet etc.
  What is very odd is that Hubbard Creek Res. seems to have loads of loons,
diving ducks etc, but we have not seen a single loon on Possum Kingdom....I
guess were I to do so, I would know where to go fishing.,

  Nothing else of particular note except a little Rock Wren hanging around
the cabin. Now for a looooog hot shower.  I am sure folks along the
shoreline thought we were idiots for being out there tho the place is
almost a ghost town... :-)
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/