[texbirds] More nifty yard birds in Lubbock

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:02:07 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:

Today's crop of stuff that I don't usually see in my yard: 1 Spotted Towhee, 1
White-crowned Sparrow, 2 'white-striped' White-throated Sparrows, and 1
Dark-eyed Junco.

The Spotted Towhee was, in fact, yard bird #107.  While I have had both
White-crowned Sparrow and Dark-eyed Junco in my yard before visits from these
two species have generally occurred during or in the aftermath of severe winter
storms - this is most likely the earliest I have ever recorded either species
in my yard.

Still hoping for American Tree Sparrow and Harris's Sparrow - given the oddness
of the season so far:)

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock