[texbirds] More common Utley and Bastrop Co. birds.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:02:46 -0500

.
Up early with wishy-washy desires to go to Fayette Lake in Fayette Co so
headed out for that, but after getting to Bastrop and my morning taco, I
just said Blah, it is too far. So made a circuit of Bastrop State Park to
check out conditions for this week's surveys...I did no hiking at all as
that comes this week.. Considered doing Sayer's/Sayerville Rds. But blahed
out on that as well...Ended up going to Bastrop Lake, north side only,
before returning to Utley to skim thru a private property rapidly and bird
my property...Not a remarkable day but there are always highlights and
today 2 biggies for me...Appears my idea to create a more local list was
soundly defeated in the “congress” but it was not meant to shunt Texbirds
at all. So you are still gonna get the common crud here for now.

Up early with wishy-washy desires to go to Fayette Lake in Fayette Co so
headed out for that, but after getting to Bastrop and my morning taco, I
just said Blah, it is too far. So made a circuit of Bastrop State Park to
check out conditions for this week's surveys...I did no hiking at all as
that comes this week.. Considered doing Sayer's/Sayerville Rds. But blahed
out on that as well...Ended up going to Bastrop Lake, north side only,
before returning to Utley to skim thru a private property rapidly and bird
my property...Not a remarkable day but there are always highlights and
today 2 biggies for me...Appears my idea to create a more local list was
soundly defeated in the “congress” but it was not meant to shunt Texbirds
at all. So you are still gonna get the common crud posted here for now. :-)

 *Bastrop SP...Slow but I was just doing Gladys birding....*

Wood Ducks 2 as flybys

Hairy Woodpecker 1 HO

Clay-colored Sparrow 2

Ground-Dove 4

 *Bastrop Lake also slow...Note to Brush,  avoid this place on weekends....*

DC Cormorants 6, Neo's 2

N. Shoveler 4

Am. White Pelicans 5-6

Ringed-billed Gull 1

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1

Marsh Wren 1

Swamp Sparrow 1 my FOF

 *Private Bastrop Co. Property (hoping for Mountain Plovers but no)*

Redheads 8

N. Shovelers 4

Cattle Egrets 11

Sprague's Pipit 2

Am. Pipit 12

*Chestnut-collared Longspurs* 2 in exactly the same area they always are My
FOF

White-crowned Sparrow 1 maybe 2 my FOF

*Fairview Cemetery in Bastrop*

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1*
*

Golden-crowned Kinglet 1

Black-and-white Warbler 1

Song Sparrow 1

Clay-colored Sparrow 2

*Colorado River Chapel Cemetery*

Spotted Towhee 1
White-eyed Vireo 1...... my property birds have left the building

*My place or nearby properties.*..

Very few raptors going over...no big flocks expect for TVs.

Sandhills 9...I figured on hundreds today.

DC Cormorants 16-17 flyovers

Sharpie 1 terrorizing the local birds.

Hummers ...amazingly still 4-5 including a fem Broad-tailed ... seen only
briefly.

Wood-Pewee species 1...never made a sound.

Ovenbird 1 continuing

Black-throated Green 1 continuing

Indigo Bunting 2 fem types

White-throated Sparrow 1

Song Sparrow 1

.But my biggest gift today was this by Phoebe Lou Sealy and all the notes
from well-wishing friends. See it here...

http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/

<http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/>

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell