[texbirds] More Info on American Woodcock in Hays County

  • From: "Jackson, Jeffrey R" <jrj78@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 04:18:54 +0000

Hello again,
Now that I am home and not trying to get to class I can post some more info on
the American Woodcock I observed at Aquarena Springs in San Marcos.  As i was
walking along the wetlands walk, I heard some movement in the leaves and saw
plump bird with brown-tan-black camouflaged pattern, long pointed bill with
buff-orangish underparts. I realized it was an American Woodcock got my camera
to take picture, only to find out the battery was dead. I observed the bird for
about 10 mins before going to my next class.

Jeffrey Jackson