[texbirds] More FOS Birds, Please Join me @ St. Eds

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 20:50:47 -0500

I plan on birding St. Edwards park in Northwest Austin on Sunday
morning (looking
especially for Golden-cheeked Warblers). Please send me a note off the list
if you wish to join me. Everyone welcome!
FOS around my yard today:

Nashville Warbler (originally dismissed as Orange-crowned, but stopped
being lazy and picked up the binoculars to see a gray head and bright
yellow breast)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (calling out of view)
Barn Swallow (chattering overhead)
Ladder-backed Woodpecker (working hard on a Mexican Buckeye limb, stripping
a ring of "bark")

Winter residents still here (how long will they stay?):

Yellow-rumped Warbler (preening vigorously behind the woodpecker)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Bewick's Wren (I don't normally see/hear them over the summer)

Elliott M. Gordon
Austin, TX