[texbirds] Mile High Road, Brewster County

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 21:35:36 -0600

All,

One last message about our birding in West Texas the last few days. We went
to Mile High Road south of Alpine on Monday and again today. The Mountain
Bluebirds are fabulous and did not disappoint. There were huge flocks of
them, so many that they looked like swallows flying around. We had many
berry eaters including Western Bluebirds, American Robins, a lone Cedar
Waxwing, and several Townsend's Solitaires and Phainopeplas. On Monday we
had a Sage Thrasher. It's a great area and if you get a chance to get there
soon you won't regret it. I highly recommend it.

Sue

Susan A. Heath, Ph.D.
 Avian Conservation Biologist
 Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
 103 W. Hwy 332
 Lake Jackson, TX 77566
 979-480-0999
 Join us in our quest to study and conserve birds and their habitat around
the Gulf of Mexico.
 www.gcbo.org
 Sign-Up for our monthly E-News Letter
http://www.gcbo.org/default.aspx/MenuItemID/205/MenuGroup/Home.htm