[texbirds] Migrants seen today in Russ Pitman Park, Bellaire

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 21:09:06 -0400 (EDT)

There were some migrants /summer residents seen at the Nature Discovery Center
in Russ Pitman Park, Bellaire today.  Russ Pitman Park is located at 7112
Newcastle between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen St just inside Loop 610 in
Bellaire TX.

4/12/13
Chimney Swifts  -4-5
Rufous Hummingbird – 1 ad m still!
Purple Martins - overhead
White-eyed Vireo -1
Blue-wing Warbler - 1m
Cerulean Warbler - 1m (seen early evening)
Northern Parula – f
Kentucky Warbler – 1m
Hooded Warbler – 2
Common Yellowthroat – 1f
Indigo Buntings
Baltimore Oriole - 1 m
Summer Tanager - 1m & 1f
American Goldfinch – ab 8

plus all the usual residents!

Join our free Lunch with the Birds Walks starting at noon on Wednesdays through
May 9th and our Early Evening Birdwalks Tuesdays at 6pm through May 1st.

Happy birding!

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist & Park Steward
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org