[texbirds] Re: Micrastur

  • From: Arman Moreno <armanmoreno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:55:40 -0700

The last sentence in the ebird report state "I have a clear photo of the
bird in flight."
Arman

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the input. I feel confident that we will obtain clarification
regarding this report in the near future.
Kind regards to all.
Dennis
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Corey Lange <coreyjlange@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just so everyone is aware, the Welder Wildlife Refuge has a large
taxidermied bird collection on site. This bird could be part of the
existing collection and not a new individual at all. It wouldn't be the
first time someone on EBird has posted about a dead specimen. The
description is incredibly confusing on the eBird report, but if I had to
make a bet, I would guess it's a taxidermied bird. Here is information on
the collection:http://welderwildlife.org/content/conservation/art00/

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Howdy Texbirders,
I was interested in Mitch Philpot's report of the Collared Forest-Falcon
at
Welder. Hopefully, Mitch will post the photos and he will give this
august
group information as to whether interested parties can access the area
in
which the rarity was observed.
Good birding to all.
Dennis
Houston
(The Rob and Bessie Welder Wildlife Foundation is near Sinton, TX
welderwildlife.org <http://www.welderwildlife.org/>)

--
W. Dennis Shepler

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
permission

Corey Lange
Project Coordinator
University of Illinois at Springfield