[texbirds] McAllen Nature Center (Hidalgo County) 1/7/2015

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 16:54:13 -0600

Hello Texbirders,
I was out at the McAllen Nature Center this morning for a couple hours of
birding. It was overcast and cool, but certainly not cold. Had a decent
variety of species while I was there (full list below). Had a singing Olive
Sparrow, which struck me as interesting given the season. A winter Texan
couple has been generous enough to take up feeding in the park (apparently
regularly), adding another dimension to the birding there.

It can be worthwhile to check out the canals if/when y'all go. They're
typical urban LRGV canals (a little messy) but can add a different array of
birds to your morning in the park. Get out there and enjoy the habitat!

McAllen Nature Center (LTC 065), Hidalgo, US-TX
Jan 7, 2015 8:20 AM - 10:50 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
44 species (+1 other taxa)