[texbirds] Masked Booby, Frigatebird at Boca Chica Beach - Monday July 9th

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:09:39 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

TexBirders,

I spent the late afternoon at Boca Chica Beach today (Monday July 9th) and was rewarded with two good birds...

The first was a juvenile Masked Booby beating into the wind and heading south toward Mexico around 6pm...

The second was a juvenile Magnificent Frigatebird quartering in the strong south wind and heading north toward South Padre Island around 7pm...

Perhaps they were changing shifts?  8^)

I got documentary photos of both and will post them tomorrow along with other birds seen on the beach.

Erik Breden
Harlingen, Texas

Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds