[texbirds] Marbled Godwit But No Black-tailed At Brazoria NWR Late This Afternoon

  • From: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:58:03 -0700

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Got back into town after two weeks on the road and decided
Please go to http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds and subscribe to the new
server. Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

TexBirders,

Got back into town after two weeks on the road and decided to check the godwit
fields at Brazoria NWR.  Two gentlemen were there and had a godwit on the east
side of the road they thought had to be a Marbled.  I could not find it but did
see a lingering alternate (breeding) White-rumped Sandpiper, a couple of
alternate Least Sandpipers and several Semipalmated and Black-bellied Plovers.
I checked the west side of the road which has more water than two weeks ago and
saw one Marbled Godwit.  Also saw the Black-tailed was reported earlier in the
afternoon so it is likely still around.

Also had 25 Marbleds at Crosstrails Marsh on the Big Slough tour loop at
Brazoria.  They were reported earlier to e-bird so I know they have been around
for a least a few days.  Lots of other shorebirds including many Short-billed
Dowitchers, avocets, yellowlegs and other expected species.

Ron Weeks
Lake Jackso
TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds