[texbirds] Marathon peeps

  • From: H Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:14:36 -0500

Bill Sain and I braved the 2 pm heat and checked the ponds (private property,
inaccessible without permission) and were pleasantly surprised to see
Yellow-headed Blackbirds among Brown-headed Cowbirds and 3 Spotted Sandpipers,
3 Western and 1 Least. Mexican Mallard count was down to 14 after Sunday's
high... I think it was Sunday... of 29. One Ruddy Duck remains.
-h

Heidi Trudell
Alpine, Marathon, somewhere bouncing around TX

--
Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities. - Mark
Twain