[texbirds] Male Broad-billed Hummingbird in San Antonio

  • From: Reid Martin <upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 08:24:43 -0600

Dear all,
On Sunday a male Broad-billed Hummingbird briefly visited our balcony flowers
in NW San Antonio.  We put out a feeder, and late yesterday it discovered it.
This morning it has been present for almost an hour so far, perching nearby
in-between visits to the feeder/flowers.  There is a good likelihood that it
will frequent our balcony area now that it uses the feeder, but that remains to
be seen.
VISITATION:  We live in a gated apartment complex near Fredericksburg Road and
Wurzbach Rd in NW San Antonio.  It is not somewhere that the public can wander
around freely.  The only way to see the bird at our home (a second-storey
apartment) is from inside our living room.  If you’d like to try to see this
bird, please contact us (see below) to discuss access.
Those on Facebook should private message me or Sheridan (but I’ll have more
opportunity for real-time replies).  Those seeing this on a Listserv should
email me (= reply to message).  If you know our telephone numbers, message or
call – again I’ll be in a better position to answer quickly than would Sheridan.
Martin and Sheridan.

---
Martin Reid
San Antonio