[texbirds] MALE COOPER'S HAWK TAKES A PIGEON TO LUNCH?

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:25:32 -0400

While riding as a passenger in a car today, I saw a male Cooper's Hawk take a
pigeon out of a fairly large flock of pigeons around 12:20 PM today near the
intersection of Beltway 8 East near the Almeda Road exit. It appeared to be
having problems holding onto the pigeon, as it must have weighed more than the
hawk did!  But it did for as long as I could see it.

Mira M. Pellerin
Pearland TX