[texbirds] Lubbock Highlights - Yesterday

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:45:11 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:
I spent a little over an hour along the riparian corridor just below Lake Six
yesterday evening, noting the following highlights: 1 immature Tricolored
Heron, 1 Bank Swallow, 1 House Wren, 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, 1 Hermit Thrush, 1
Orange-crowned Warbler, and 2 Wilson's Warblers.

I then spent an hour studying roughly 100 swallows at Lake Six, picking up the
following notables: 2 Cinnamon Teals, 1 Snowy Egret, 7 White-faced Ibises, 1
Spotted Sandpiper, 2  Northern Rough-winged Swallows, 1 immature Violet-green
Swallow, 8 Cave/Cliff Swallows, 3 Cave Swallows, 1 Nashville Warbler, and 1
Wilson's Warbler.  The remaining swallows were most likely mostly Barn Swallows
but were too high to work effectively.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock.