[texbirds] Lubbock Area Christmas Bird Counts - still need counters

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 12:33:03 -0600

Greetings All:
The Lubbock County CBC will be held on 20 December 2014.  Participants will
meet with their team leaders at 7:30 AM, teams will bird until 5:00 PM
(some teams will be birding for shorter periods of time), and folk will
meet up at my place for a potluck supper and countdown at 5:00 PM -
countdown to start promptly at 6:00 PM.  Each team will have an experienced
leader and birders of all ages and all experience levels are welcome AND
useful.  I have the team leaders I need at this point but still need
counters; particularly for the in-town teams.  Currently I have:

Team 1 - Eastern edge & Ransom Lake - Justin Bosler, David Bush
Team 2 - City Farms - Anthony Hewetson
Team 3 - V8 Ranch and Buffalo Springs Lake - Cameron Carver, Craig Carver
Team 4 - The South - Byron Buckley, Lisa Clark
Team 5 - The Northwest Corner - Rob Lee, Manuel De Leon
Team 6 - Canyon Lakes - Phillip Kite, Peter Keyel, Ellen Hildebrandt
Team 7 - In the Loop, East - William Wenthe, Janice Whittington, Colleen
Martin, Gerardo Sandoval
Team 8 - In the Loop, West - Tom Dolan, Doug Aldrige, Jan Jannett

The Muleshoe NWR CBC will be held on 21 December 2014.  Participants will
meet at Muleshoe NWR headquarters at 7:30 PM, teams will bird until about
noon, and folk will meet up back at headquarters for a potluck lunch and
countdown at noon.  This count looks to be in good shape, participant-wise
but more are welcome.  Currently I have:

Team 1 - Paul's Lakes - Anthony Hewetson, Ellen Hildebrandt
Team 2 - HQ & White Lakes - Phillip Kite, Doug Aldridge, Justin Bosler, Jim
Crites, Jan Jannett
Team 3 - Goose Lakes and Rim - Cameron Carver, Craig Carver, Manuel De
Leon, Peter Keyel
Team 4 - Atop the Rim - Rob Lee, Tom Dolan

The White River Lake CBC will be held on 3 January 2015.  We meet up at the
White River Lake Marina at 7:30 AM, bird until 4:30 or so, and then have a
hot supper and countdown at the marina.  I now have enough team leaders but
could really use at least two more partipants.  Currently I have:

Team 1 - The Eastern Edge - Anthony Hewetson, Ellen Hildebrandt
Team 2 - The Great White North - Rich Kostecke
Team 3 - The Lake, East Side - Phillip Kite, Colleen Martin, Gerardo
Sandoval
Team 4 - The Lake, West Side - Rob Lee, Manuel De Leon, Doug Aldridge
Team 5 - The Western Edge - Justin Bosler

Every team will have an experienced leader and every team could use as many
eyes, ears, and hands as can be had.  Birders at all experience levels are
needed and birders at all experience levels will be, as mentioned before,
useful.

If you are interested in participating, let me know.  If you need more
information, let me know.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson
CBC Compiler
Lllano Estacado Audubon Society