[texbirds] Lubbock Area Christmas Bird Counts - Second Announcement

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:40:27 -0500

Greetings All:
The Lubbock County CBC will be held on 20 December 2014.  Participants will
meet with their team leaders at 7:30 AM, teams will bird until 5:00 PM
(some teams will be birding for shorter periods of time), and folk will
meet up at my place for a potluck supper and countdown at 5:00 PM -
countdown to start promptly at 6:00 PM.  Each team will have an experienced
leader and birders of all ages and all experience levels are welcome AND
useful.  I need at least eight team leaders and am hoping to have an
average of three participants (or more) per team.  Currently I have:

Team 1 - Eastern edge & Ransom Lake - VACANT
Team 2 - City Farms - Anthony Hewetson
Team 3 - V8 Ranch and Buffalo Springs Lake - Cameron Carver, Craig Carver
Team 4 - The South - Tom Dolan
Team 5 - The Northwest Corner - Rob Lee
Team 6 - Canyon Lakes - Phillip Kite
Team 7 - In the Loop, East - William Wenthe, Janice Whittington
Team 8 - In the Loop, West - VACANT

The Muleshoe NWR CBC will be held on 21 December 2014.  Participants will
meet at Muleshoe NWR headquarters at 7:30 PM, teams will bird until about
noon, and folk will meet up back at headquarters for a potluck lunch and
countdown at noon.  I need at least four team leaders and, again, am hoping
for at least three participants per team.  Currently I have:

Team 1 - Paul's Lakes - Anthony Hewetson
Team 2 - HQ & White Lakes - Phillip Kite, Jim Crites
Team 3 - Goose Lakes and Rim - Cameron Carver, Craig Carver
Team 4 - Atop the Rim - Rob Lee, Tom Dolan

The White River Lake CBC will be held on 3 January 2015.  We meet up at the
White River Lake Marina at 7:30 AM, bird until 4:30 or so, and then have a
hot supper and countdown at the marina.  I need at least five team leaders
and really need at least two participants per team.  Currently I have:

Team 1 - The Eastern Edge - Anthony Hewetson
Team 2 - The Great White North - Rich Kostecke
Team 3 - The Lake, East Side - Phillip Kite
Team 4 - The Lake, West Side - Rob Lee
Team 5 - The Western Edge - VACANT

Every team will have an experienced leader and every team could use as many
eyes, ears, and hands as can be had.  Birders at all experience levels are
needed and birders at all experience levels will be, as mentioned before,
useful.

If you are interested in participating, let me know.  If you need more
information, let me know.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson
CBC Compiler
Lllano Estacado Audubon Society