[texbirds] Lubbock Area CBCs - Seventh Announcement

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 07:22:21 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
The Lubbock County Christmas Bird Count will be
held on Saturday, 14 December 2013.  Groups will meet up with their team
 leaders at times and points arranged by said leaders.  Folk will bird
until 5:00 at which point they will head on over to my place for a
potluck supper (I provide the main course) and countdown.  I need at
least 16 people, including 8 leaders, to get this count done and thus
far have:

Area One: Northeast and Ransom Lake - Graham Floyd, Randy Floyd
Area Two: North Central - Anthony Hewetson
Area Three: V8 Ranch & Buffalo Springs Lake - Manuel De Leon, Juan Senz, Craig
Carver
Area Four: South Central - William Wenthe
Area Five: Northwest - Rob Lee
Area Six: Canyon Lakes - Phillip Kite, Rich Damron, Peter Keyel,
Area Seven: East Parks and Playas - Aveline Hewetson, Jeanne Davis, Inez Lintz,
Paula Richardson, Tess Trost
Area Eight: West
 Parks and Playas - Susan Bergeson, Jim Bertrand, Danny Hancock

PLEASE NOTE: I COULD STILL USE TWO MORE OBSERVERS FOR THIS COUNT

The Muleshoe NWR
Christmas Bird Count will be held on Sunday, 15 December 2013.  We meet
at refuge headquarters at 7:30 AM, bird until noon (this is an area
restricted count - doesn't take a lot of time), and then meet back at
headquarters for a potluck lunch and countdown.  I need at least 8
people, including 4 leaders, to get this count done and thus far have:

Area One: Paul's Lakes - Anthony Hewetson, Peter Keyel
Area Two: Goose Lakes - Jim Crites, Aveline Hewetson, Graham Floyd, Randy Floyd
Area Three: Northern Highlands - Phillip Kite, Aaron Kite, Rob Lee, Barrett
Pierce
Area Four: White Lakes and Headquarters - Manuel De Leon, Susan Bergeson, Jim
Bertrand, Mary Anderson

The
 White River Lake CBC will be held on Saturday, 28 December 2013.  We
meet at the White River Lake Marina at 7:30 AM, bird until 5:00 PM, and
then meet back up at the marina for a hot supper and countdown.  I need
at least 10 people, including 5 leaders, to get this count done and thus
 far
 have:

Area One: Southeast and East - Anthony Hewetson
Area Two: The Great North Woodlands - Rich Kostecke, Cameron Carver?
Area Three: East Lake - Phillip Kite, George Jury
Area Four: West Lake - Manuel De Leon,
Area Five: Southwest and West - Rob Lee

PLEASE
 NOTE:  I STILL NEED AT LEAST FOUR COUNTERS - TO STRENGTHEN ROUTES
CURRENTLY BEING RUN SOLO AND TO ADEQUATELY COVER THE LAKE ITSELF - FOR THE
WHITE RIVER LAKE CBC.

If
 you are interested in participating in these counts please contact me
by e-mail (anthony.hewetson@xxxxxxxxxx) or by phone (806-252-1213) and I
 will fill you in on any needed details and put you, to the best of my
abilities, where you want to be.

Anthony Hewetson,
Christmas Bird County Compiler
Llano Estacado Audubon Society