[texbirds] Re: Lost Field Guide

  • From: Gene Majors <genemajors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 15:39:32 -0500

I sat down on the cross ties at the Port A Birding Center a month ago with
my old Peterson's to study "confusing fall warblers". I must have set it
downto look at something. I didn't miss it until back at the condo. Went
backand found nothing. Went over to Paradise Pond (before the cut) where I
had also been earlier and found enough chalk to leave my name and number. I
got a call the next day from a local birder who insisted on delivering it to
me. I had Amazon send her a Peterson guide to warblers.
So take heart. Be sure the park rangers know.

On 10/21/2015 3:18 PM, Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3) wrote:
The story calls to mind my losing a sentimental valued Peterson Texas guide.
Vic Emanuel, Dennis Shepler and I were returning from our first trip to
southern Mexico in 1969. We had an exciting trip with a touch and go
incidentor two and were on our way home. We made a final stop in Edna Texas.
It was late and we were a bunch of young kids headed home. We pooled our
money after our last gas stop and managed to buy 2 cups of coffee and one
slice of pie in a little café. We reminisced about the trip and I made a
couple of notes in that old Peterson Guide. We got up and left to get home a
bit after midnight. It wasn't until the next day that I missed it. I
couldn'teven call the place because we had no idea of what the name of the
little place was where we had stopped. Fortunately I had other notes about
most things but I sure hated to lose that first Peterson. It had been my
bedtime companion for many years and I have always missed having it. My
condolences to you Rob. Fred Collins, Director Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303Draper Road,Tomball TX 77377 281-357-5324 Harris County Precinct 3
SteveRadack Commissioner www.pct3.com[1] -----Original Message----- From:
texbirds-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2] [mailto:texbirds-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3]]
OnBehalf Of Robert Hardway Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:27 PM To:
TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[4] Subject: [texbirds] Lost Field Guide
Greetings everyone. I was birding Pedernales Falls SP yesterday and lost a
field guide. It was a first edition Sibley with the green zippered weather
covering. I know this is a long shot however if anyone hears of this being
found I'd appreciate a heads up. It's very worn (the binding busts out in
theicterid section), however has a ton of sentimental value. Thanks, Rob
Hardway Lago Vista Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
//www.freelists.org/list/texbirds[5] Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS
is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
//www.freelists.org/list/texbirds[6] Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS
is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner

--- Links ---
1 http://www.pct3.com
2 mailto:texbirds-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
3 mailto:texbirds-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx