[texbirds] Re: Living Dinosaurs Feeding Frenzy

  • From: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 20:29:09 -0400 (EDT)

Very interesting, can somebody at least provide name of the author(s) and
title? Can't get to Brush by direct email.

Using somebody else opinion - many rancorous, unreviewed essays on the
theropod origin of birds are a one-sided views of a difficult problem, full of
anatomical misconceptions that are highly misleading, and advocates that
"it is time to abandon debate on the theropod origin of birds (BTW this
opinion  was also published in AUK (2002) - .“Birds are Dinosaurs: Simple
Answer
to a  Complex Problem” by Alan Feduccia). I can provide other reviews but I
am even do  not know with what and who’s opinion I am dealing with.

On and off I keep looking for a new data from the time John Ostrom
published the hypothesis of the "birds are living dinosaurs" This hypothesis
dates
back when Ostrom (1976) combining studies of his earlier discovery of the
late, early Cretaceous dromaeosaur Deinonychus with his speculations on
hot-blooded (endothermic) dinosaurs, presented his new dinosarurian origin of
birds theory. BTW I have some great memories from the symposium in Europe
that  took place shortly after Ostrom work was published.

Mark B Bartosik
Houston, Texas

In a message dated 3/19/2013 5:52:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Interesting paper in most recent AUK (lead story) on birds as dinos  or
not....B

--
Brush  Freeman