[texbirds] Live Oak Park, Pollywog Pond, Rosehill Cemetery, Blucher Park & Packery Channel - Sunday, May 5th

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 22:28:37 -0500

Today I birded Live Oak Park - Ingleside, Pollywog Pond, Rosehill Cemetery,
Blucher Park, and Packery Channel.  It was still quite birdy even if the
numbers of birds dropped off from Friday.  I still tallied 24 species of
warblers.

Mississippi Kite 2

Broad-winged Hawk 3

Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2

Black-billed Cuckoo 1 Live Oak Park

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 22

Chuck-will's-widow 3

Belted Kingfisher 1

Eastern Wood-Pewee 18

Acadian Flycatcher 6

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 2

Willow/Alder Flycatcher 5

Least Flycatcher 5

Great-crested Flycatcher 12

White-eyed Vireo 4

Yellow-throated Vireo 1

Blue-headed Vireo 9

Warbling Vireo 8

Philadelphia Vireo 1

Red-eyed Vireo 2

Veery 1

Gray-cheeked Thrush 3

Swainson's Thrush 18

Wood Thrush 4

Ovenbird 6

Worm-eating Warbler 2

Northern Waterthrush 3

Golden-winged Warbler 8 (!) 2 males and 6 females

Blue-winged Warbler 2

Black-and-white Warbler 12

SWAINSON'S WARBLER 1 Pollywog Pond

Tennessee Warbler 14