[texbirds] Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area {LLELA} Denton Co.

  • From: "Susan Yost" <sdyost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds - Email" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:31:39 -0500

It was a very nice morning to bird @ the Lewisville Lake Environmental
Learning Area {LLELA}.  Highlights were, 3 Indigo Buntings, 1 Painted
Bunting, a Swainson's Hawk kettling w/ 100's of noisy Franklin Gulls, a
nesting Red Tail w/ at least 2 little white fluff balls, 2 White-faced Ibis,
a Wilson's Phalarope, at least a dozen Gr. Yellowlegs, 2 Spotted Sandpipers,
2 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, 2 U.I. hummers, a Great-crested Flycatcher and 6
Eastern Kingbirds & a Western Kingbird.  Only N. Pintails remain for
waterfowl and sparrows were Lincoln's & White-throated. The resident
Kingfisher was entering the riverbank to obviously feed its young.  The only
warblers I saw were a couple of Nashville's.  I thought I also heard a
Dickcissel but could not find it.  Nothing like what's going on in other
parts of the state but we take what we can get up north here.
Sue YOST ~^/^~

Highland Village, a N. burb of Dallas

Denton Co.