[texbirds] Lewis's Woodpecker in San Angelo - Middle Concho Park

  • From: Eric Carpenter <ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 20:56:22 -0500

Tonight I received a nice photo of an adult Lewis's Woodpecker that
was seen today (1 November) in San Angelo at Middle Concho Park.  The
park is on the west side of Lake Nasworthy, which is southwest of town
and east of Twin Buttes Reservoir.  I haven't been keeping track of
sightings, but I think this is at least the third Lewis's Woodpecker
this fall in Texas....might be more around waiting to be uncovered.

--
Eric Carpenter
Austin