[texbirds] Lesser Black-backed Gull at Lake Tyler marina, Smith county, today

  • From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Bloodsworth <bloodsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dennis Scott <denjen5256@xxxxxxxxx>, Judy Wright <jujuwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Eamonn Thurmond <eamonnthurmond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:46:27 -0600

I had an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull from the parking lot by the dam and
Lake Tyler marina this afternoon, in the water about 150 yards offshore, in
a flock of 50 Ring-billed Gulls. There were also 50 American White Pelicans
and 2 Common Loons present. As far as I know, this is the second record for
Smith county.
Peter Barnes,
Tyler